Friday, September 5, 2014

Kickstarter Project: 52 Weeks of Digital Art

I have started a Kickstarter project to dun a 52-week digital art project.

The Project entails creating 52 images (one image per week) created using "found" objects as the basis for each image.  The images will range from manipulations of a single items to complex scenes created using multiple items.

The images will be used to create a calendar and an ebook.  The ebook will include the images, tutorials and information on how the images were created, and how the items used to create the images were obtained.  The ebook and calendar are potential rewards for backers of the project.

I have done art like this in the past, I would just like to be able to devote my time to doing so full time (I'd also like to be able to pay my bills.)

Some of the art I have created in the past as examples:





The bottom image is more recent and represents the type of image created using multiple items.  The goblet image was created primarily with a single item (a Haeger planter)

The images won't include the watermark seen in the above examples when included in the calendar or ebook.  (Or other rewards)


Some personal information.

Part of the reason I'm doing this is an attempt to find a way to pay bills that doesn't involve a job with regular hours.  I have a family member that is on dialysis and I am the one that drives them to and from treatment as well as driving them to any surgeries they need.

This interferes with my ability to hold down a job requiring regular hours.

I have tried selling on ebay, blogging and selling my photography and art online as ways to earn money.

This project combines those to a certain extent.  Many of the items currently on hand are left-over from my ebay days.  (I quit due to a combination of shipping costs becoming too high to make a profit and changes eBay made to feedback.)

The artwork produced will require photographing the items, and I intend to provide updates on this blog.


For those who are interested in the project but aren't interested in funding it (or aren't in a position to do so) you could always help by providing a little publicity.

A brief post on a blog would help if you have one, as will mentioning the project on facebook or other social media site.


I'm doing what I can to publicize the project, but could use help.


I already have some items that I plan to use.



I have ideas on how I can use each of the items in the picture.  That's a cheap led flashlight, a hair-dryer, a candle, a metal pencil sharpener, a bulb from a lens cleaning set, a crochet hook, a glass swan and the knob from the back of an electric fan.

Want to see what I turn those into?

No comments:

Post a Comment