Friday, November 7, 2014

My Facebook Fan Page

I have just created a Facebook fan page

It's still a work in progress, so keep that in mind.

I'll be posting to that site whenever I add something to one of the sites where my photography and artwork is available for sale.  Red Bubble suggests using a fan page when updating.

Why create a Facebook fan page despite already having a personal profile?

Well, for starters that's "personal profile".   According to Red Bubble, using a personal profile for commerce can result in the profile being deleted by Facebook.  It apparently violates their terms of service.  (Don't ask me why.  Ask Zuckerberg.)

There is also a limit on the number of "friends" one can have.  (I'm no where near the 5,000 limit).  There is no limit on "fans"  Again, don't ask me why.

It also allows for separation of personal and business activity.  This can be important when attempting to create a professional appearance.  I'm not worries about that right now, but might be in the future.  It also helps with branding as you can use a Company name for the fan page.  I used "The Great Fire Dragon", same as this blog site.


It also opens up some options not available when using just a profile page.  Red Bubble offers image options when linking to a fan page that aren't available on a personal profile page.



No comments:

Post a Comment